Crisis Intervention Teams divert people living with mental illness from jail with appropriate alternatives. Decriminalizing Mental Illness offers effective strategies for building a permanent Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) program based on a confirmed, easy-to-follow process of capacity building. It will help you:
- Establish community networking and fundraising to support your CIT program.
- Decide the program’s scope and structure given your community’s unique situation.
- Implement your process with a checklist of field-proven Effective Practices.
- Create true collaboration between law enforcement and mental health professionals.
- Choose the venue, format, and personnel for training those involved.
- Take your CIT program from conception to a self-sustaining community service.
To further increase your odds for success, Decriminalizing Mental Illness introduces MAGNUS-OVÉA New Wave leadership, based on character development and holistic individual potential.
- Publisher : Affinitas Publishing (September 12, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 228 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0998237221
- ISBN-13 : 978-0998237220
- Item Weight : 1.32 pounds
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.56 x 10 inches